hello ML,

i have an apche 2.0.50 running, which stopped logging. For me without
any clear reason.
First i thought about problems with logrotate, but logrotate runs at
4.15 am, and logging stopped at 16.28 pm. I'm sure that logging stopped,
because i have a tool running on another box checking this webserver
every 2 minutes, and informing me via email if it's not running any
longer.
This tool did not inform me. Of course this tool creates every two
minutes an entry in access_log.
And these entries i'm missing, and surely others.

The OS is a SuSE 9.2.
I checked the system with rootkithunter, beacause i was afraid of an
intrusion.
Nothing found.
The harddisk is also o.k. (fsck)
After a reboot, everything is o.k., and apache is logging wonderful.
But for me this is very strange.
Any idea/hint ?

If it's useful for you:

xxxxx:/var/log/apache2 # httpd2 -V

Server version: Apache/2.0.50
Server built:   Nov  9 2004 20:53:26
Server's Module Magic Number: 20020903:8
Architecture:   32-bit
Server compiled with....
 -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
 -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
 -D APR_HAS_MMAP
 -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
 -D APR_USE_PROC_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
 -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
 -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
 -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/srv/www"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/sbin/suexec2"
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="/var/run/httpd2.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
 -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="/var/run/accept.lock"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="/var/log/apache2/error_log"
 -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/apache2/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/apache2/httpd.conf"

xxx:/var/log/apache2 # httpd2 -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  prefork.c