From: Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 4:41:56 PM
Subject: Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] mod_rewrite

On 5/23/07, Diar Gashi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I need to change a bahaviour on the rewrite of the apache server. Right now,
> if I type in a path that does not exist (like /nopage.html) Apache will
> serve up the 404 page (/html/404.html), but the URL will still read
> /nopage.html. I need the URL to be /html/404.html

This is usually a bad idea, since it requires returning a redirect
status code to the client instead of the not-found status code. This
can confuse search engines. But if you want to do it, it is easy:
Errordocument 404 http://example.com/html/404.html

> Conversely, when someone goes to a page that does exist (/x10) Apache will
> serve up the redirected page (/landing/index.jsp?wfId=685) We need Apache to
> instead serve up /x10.

Show us the directives you use currently to do the redirect. A simple
guess would be
RewriteRule ^/x10 /landing.index.jsp?wfld=685

Joshua.