Hi,
I am replacing Apache with NES(Sun Web Server).NES is pretty old.So I wanted
to use Apache with single process and multi threaded web server similar to
NES.

Now I have used the mod_status also.The new process launched shows to be
active while the old daemon doesn't show anything.
Thanks
-A

On 6/4/07, Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 6/4/07, Arnab Ganguly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am using apache2.2 with MPM model as Worker in Solaris 5.9 .I have the
> following configuration.
>
> StartServers 1
> ServerLimit 1
> MaxClient 128
> MaxSpareThreads 128
> MinSpareThreads 1
> ThreadsPerChild 128
> MaxRequestPerChild 0
>
> My requirement is to handle all the request by single process and want
this
> process to be active through out.Issue I get is that after Apache runs
for
> a longer time, one new process is launched apart from the active process
> which was handling all the request.
>
> I am not sure as why this new process is getting launched although I
kept
> ServerLimit and StartServers both as 1.Is the MaxRequestPerChild 0 is
> creating the problem, as due to overload one more process is getting
> launched or any particular module is responsible for the above?What to
do to
> prevent this?
> I am not worried about the mod_cgid daemon.This process remains there
from
> the begining.I am worried about the extra daemon ie is getting
launched.Like
> altogether there are 3 daemon process.1 for mod_cgi and 2 for the core
> apache although I have kept StartServers and ServerLimit both 1.Hopethis is
> more clear.

When I asked for more details, I was talking about your "my
requirement is like that" response. Worker is not really designed to
operate as a single process, so telling us WHY you have the
requirement might allow someone to suggest another way of achieving
the same thing.

And again: have you used mod_status to track what the different
processes are doing?

Joshua.