On 6/6/07, S.A. Birl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello all:

Im pretty sure Ive read this in the 2.2 docs (scratches head):

A way to protect a directory so that if I access the directory, say
from 192.168.0.1, Im allowed in WITHOUT a username/password, but any
other IP would prompt for a username/password.

Im looking for .conf configuration, not a .htaccess configuration.
But if it comes down to it I'll use .htaccess.

http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/Recipes/BypassAuthenticationOrAuthorizationRequirements

Joshua.