Josh,

Fair point.  I just wanted to see it for the sake of clarity with the issue.

Alan:
[1] Is it all images, or just the .gif you cannot access?
[2] Do you have the XBit hack switched on?
[3] What browser are you using, is it in all browsers that this error occurs?
[4] Have you tried manaually clearing the cache or the browser, i.e.
throught the menus, hitting F5 (or equivalent) is not always enough.
Manually doing so forces the browser to empty properly.