Hey, I'm using Apache 2.0.59 and I'm running into a bit of an issue here. I just can't seem to get the RewriteEngine command to work in .htaccess. I can get the other .htaccess directives (DirectoryIndex, password, etc) to work but not this. I have mod_rewrite.c in my list when I do httpd -l so I'm assuming I have the module installed.

Here are the two entries I've tried but can't seem to get working.

Here I want to redirect anyone who types in that domain to the tripod site. (Client request)
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^nwdyc.org [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.nwdyc.org [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://nwdyckids.tripod.com/ [R,L]

Here I was just trying to make the damn thing see my IP address and move me over to yahoo.
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} ^221.216.69.25$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.yahoo.com [L]

Neither of these seem to work. Is there something I'm doing wrong?