I've done some searching on the problem and the few solutions I have found I have done, to no avail. What I am trying to do is authenticate users using Basic Auth and a pre-existing MySQL database. I have installed Apache 2.2.4 and have a working MySQL installation. What my searching came up with was that the mysql code was not compiled into libaprutil by default. I re-built Apache from scratch, making sure the MySQL code was compiled. If I run 'nm' on libaprutil-1.so I do indeed see all the MySQL symbols (which I didn't when I first tried this). The problem is that everytime I try to authenticate I get a 500 error and the following log entry: "No DBD Authn configured!" I can't seem to find any other mentions of this error using Google, except the ones that say to make sure the mysql code was actually compiled.

Other than checking 'nm', is there another file I can check for to make sure it's compiled properly? What other configuration problems can cause this error? Here's the pertinent VHost config. I sincerely appreciate your time and assistance.

DBDriver        mysql
DBDParams       "host=sqlserver dbname=** user=** pass=**"
DBDPersist      on
DBDMin  1
DBDKeep 2
DBDMax  10
DBDExptime 60

<VirtualHost>
  <Directory>
        AuthType        Basic
        AuthBasicProvider dbd
        AuthDBDUserPWQuery "SELECT password FROM users WHERE username=%s"
        AuthName         "Super Duper Games"

        <limit PUT POST DELETE>
                Require         valid-user
        </limit>
  </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

--
Aaron Dalton       |   Super Duper Games
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   http://superdupergames.org