What exactly is your problem? What address do you expect to get?

Your posting is confusing because it's not clear whether your munged
domain names are supposed to be internal LAN names or public domain
names...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> $ bin/httpd -S
> VirtualHost configuration:
> 64.157.185.199:80      www.myserver.com
> (/usr/local/httpd/conf/vhosts/80_myserver.com:5)
> wildcard NameVirtualHosts and _default_ servers:
> *:443                  is a NameVirtualHost

BTW, you know about SSL and NBVHs, don't you?

>          default server www.myserver.com
> (/usr/local/httpd/conf/vhosts/443_myserver.com:4)
>          port 443 namevhost www.myserver.com
> (/usr/local/httpd/conf/vhosts/443_myserver.com:4)
> *:80                   is a NameVirtualHost
>          default server www.default.com
> (/usr/local/httpd/conf/default.conf:4)
>
> Okay, so I went to nsswitch.conf and TURNED DNS OFF. At this point,
> resolver's only recourse is to use /etc/hosts.  No matter,
> the answer is
> EXACTLY the same:
>
> $ bin/httpd -S
> VirtualHost configuration:
> 64.157.185.199:80      www.myserver.com
> (/usr/local/httpd/conf/vhosts/80_myserver.com:5)
> wildcard NameVirtualHosts and _default_ servers:
> *:443                  is a NameVirtualHost
>          default server www.myserver.com
> (/usr/local/httpd/conf/vhosts/443_myserver.com:4)
>          port 443 namevhost www.myserver.com
> (/usr/local/httpd/conf/vhosts/443_myserver.com:4)
> *:80                   is a NameVirtualHost
>          default server www.default.com
> (/usr/local/httpd/conf/default.conf:4)
>
> Obvioulsy apache's getting that answer from DNS. That IP
> address is not
> listed anywhere on the server. I don't understand where, how
> or why it's
> resolving www.myserver.com.  Any insight?
>
> Jeff

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error,
please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and
any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any
hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended
recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and
the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.