Thank you for your respose.
I've checked that browsers don´t work as you say they're supposed to work. When Apache aswers with a 304 response, the only cache-related header it includes by default into the response is 'Cache-Control: must-revalidate'. Internet Explorer 6.0 does nothing with it, after receiving this response, cache remains the same (entity expiry dates remains the same) so each time browser needs those elements, it sends a new http request an it receives a new 304 response. In the case of Firefox 2.0, the cache is updated, but not in the way I'd like: instead of this, entity's expiry date are updated to '1970-01-01 01:00:00', so the result is the same, each time the browser needs one of these elements, we have a request-304 response (with a worse performance)