Hello,

Has anyone managed to get Subversion http access and Apache 2 working on Solaris 10? I'm trying to set up access to subversion through Apache (mod_dav_svn) on Solaris 10 x86 and am running into an annoying segfault issue.

The system is a completely stock Solaris 10 x86 install, the only extra bits being Subversion (and dependencies) downloaded from SFW. The only changes besides that that I've done are to copy /etc/apache2/httpd.conf-example to /etc/apache2/httpd.conf and add the two lines:
LoadModule dav_svn_module /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_dav_svn.so
LoadModule authz_svn_module /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_authz_svn.so
at the end of the existing LoadModule lines. Apache starts fine, but then as soon as any page is accessed, the child segfaults and an empty page is returned. Removing second line (ie: not loading mod_authz_svn) results in everything working fine.

Running it with MDB gives the following backtrace:
mod_authz_svn.so`access_checker+0x27(817b528)
ap_run_access_checker+0x24(817b528)
ap_process_request_internal+0x261(817b528)
ap_process_request+0x39(817b528)
0x8067f00(81755e8)
ap_run_process_connection+0x24(81755e8)
ap_process_connection+0x37(81755e8, 8175510)
0x806d6a0(0)
0x806d78d(80b4cb0, 0)
0x806d876(5)
ap_mpm_run+0x12a(80b2ed0, 80def80, 80b4cb0)
main+0x611(4, 8047d94, 8047da8)

With the exact problem being the line:
authz_svn_config_rec *conf = ap_get_module_config(r->per_dir_config, &authz_svn_module); (in access_checker in mod_authz_svn.c), the segfault caused by per_dir_config being NULL. This line seems to be fairly common in Apache and modules, and very few check to see if per_dir_config is NULL, so it seems to indicate an Apache bug. However, everything obviously works fine without this module, which indicates a Subversion bug.

So, I'm trying to figure out if this is a bug in Apache, a bug in Subversion, or something wierd in the standard configuration file that's making one of these two upset. Though actually I just want the darn thing to work :) Any hints welcome!

Cheers,
Michael

# /usr/apache2/bin/httpd -V
Server version: Apache/2.0.58
Server built:   Sep  5 2006 07:20:21
Server's Module Magic Number: 20020903:12
Server loaded:  APR 0.9.12, APR-UTIL 0.9.12
Compiled using: APR 0.9.12, APR-UTIL 0.9.12
Architecture:   32-bit
Server compiled with....
-D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
-D APR_HAS_MMAP
-D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
-D APR_USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZE
-D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
-D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
-D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
-D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
-D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr/apache2"
-D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/apache2/bin/suexec"
-D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="/var/run/apache2/httpd.pid"
-D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
-D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="/var/run/apache2/accept.lock"
-D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
-D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/apache2/mime.types"
-D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/apache2/httpd.conf"
# /usr/local/bin/svn --version
svn, version 1.4.3 (r23084)
  compiled Feb 13 2007, 00:00:00

Copyright (C) 2000-2006 CollabNet.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/
This product includes software developed by CollabNet (http://www.Collab.Net/).

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_dav : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV (DeltaV) protocol.
 - handles 'http' scheme
 - handles 'https' scheme
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
 - handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
- handles 'file' scheme