Greetings,

We have an Apache 2.0.59 server on Windows 2003 running PHP 5.2.3. We are
also running eaccelerator. Sometimes, PHP faults and brings down Apache with
it. Considering this happens a few times a week, it's not the end of the
world. The bad thing is that Apache "restarts", the logs show it spinning up
new threads to serve pages, but it doesn't actually respond to any requests.

On a similar, maybe related, note we have tried setting MaxRequestsPerChild
on this system and when it is reached it exhibits simliar behavior. The logs
say "Restarting apache. Starting X threads." etc. but it actually serves no
pages.

Anyone have any ideas?

-Stephen