On Aug 30, 2007, at 12:53 PM, Dragon wrote:

Eric Gorr wrote:

On Aug 30, 2007, at 10:55 AM, Joshua Slive wrote:

On 8/30/07, Eric Gorr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I am using Apache 1.3.33 which is
the default server under MacOSX.

Then go ahead and pull out your network sniffer, since this obsolete
version doesn't have that feature.

What is the easiest way to switch to Apache 2.2.4 under MacOSX 10.4.10?

I can't speak from experience with your exact configuration but I would simply suggest trying to compile from source.

It's relatively painless for most Unix-style systems. It can't hurt to try.

If you do make the attempt, you might want to configure it to install in a different location than where the existing version lives so you can easily roll it back if needed.

Yes, I am sure I can build and install it from source without any trouble.

What I am uncertain of however is how to get the machine to launch the Apache2 webserver as opposed to the the default one installed on the system.

I am also assuming that if I install Apache2, I would no longer be able to use the Sharing panel to turn the server on/off and would need to do so from the command line.

I can't imagine this is terribly difficult...I just don't know the answer.