On 9/4/07, Aaron Dalton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Joshua Slive wrote:
> > On 9/4/07, Aaron Dalton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> I have an overarching <Location /> directive that passes everything in
> >> my virtual host through a home-rolled handler.  I would like create a
> >> few directory aliases, though, that bypass this handler.  As far as I
> >> know, however, Locations are processed before Directories.  How can I
> >> accomplish this?  Here's what I want to do:
> >>
> >> Alias /js /foo/bar/js
> >> <Directory /foo/bar/js>
> >>         Allow from all
> >> </Directory>
> >>
> >> <Location />
> >>         # mod_perl handler stuff
> >> </Location>
> >
> > No, Location is processed after Directory and the last match usually wins.
> >
> > Why not put the mod_perl stuff in a <Directory> section instead?
>
> Thanks for the reply, Joshua.  The <Location /> is used because the
> handler implements a RESTful system where the urls do not map to the
> file system.  Some urls, however, need to reference specific files, thus
> the Alias+<Directory>.  I tried moving the <Directory> directive after
> the <Location> but the Location handler is still intercepting the request.

The order in the config file is irrelevant.

You can either be more specific in your <Location> sections -- they
probably don't really need to cover EVERYTHING. Or you can try
something like
<Location /js>
SetHandler default-handler
</Location>

Or you can play with <LocationMatch> to find a regex that excludes
some specific URLs.

Joshua.