To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 11:55 AM
Subject: Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Deny after X number of connections

On 9/18/07, James Sherwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

I have a couple of questions on this:
1: Is there a way to deny users once apache reaches X number of connections.

Yes: the MaxClients directive.

2: If so can you do a custom page said users see?
3: If so can you get specific to deny connections based on virtual hosts?

Neither of these is possible with the basic apache server. There are,
however, various third-party modules at http://modules.apache.org/
that can do this. I don't have much experience with any of them.

Joshua.

http://www.eset.com