Ah. Thanks. I'll give it a shot. But I see your point of using TAR.

Thanks again.

On Sep 19, 2007, at 9:36 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

If you grab the tarball, you are in good shape.  If you checkout from
subversion, you must also check out apr/apr-util and then you must
run buildconf, which requires autoconf/python etc. Trust that building from the source tarball is considerably simpler in terms of prerequisites.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/tags/2.2.6

and into that tree's srclib/ ...

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/tags/1.2.11
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr-util/tags/1.2.10

if you really want to fight with it.  From the top level, just
./buildconf to set things up right.

Michael Andrews wrote:

I'm trying to script a download, build, and install the Apache 2.2.6
source. Does anyone know if there is an official svn repository with
tagged src code. I know I can get the development branch out of svn -
but that's not what I really want.

Thanks.