As a follow-up I realized ldap-user is used to specifiy a certain user aka ldap-user "Joe Smith". However based on the fact that I'm not getting prompted for a u/p, and AuthLDAPAuthoritative is failing, I believe my problem lies deeper than that. I could be wrong of course, just trying to narrow down the search.

Tom Hart wrote:
Hi everybody. Thanks to the help of this list I managed to get the auth_ldap module loaded, but now I'm having a little trouble bringing this project to full fruition.

I'm not sure which part of this is failing, and unfortunately I can't seem to find where I can see any type of log info about ldap access attemps, whether they're even happening, or why apache won't start with AuthLDAPAuthoritative on.

Any ideas? Here's my main directory chunk from httpd.conf

<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs">
   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny

   #AuthLDAPAuthoritative on - apache won't start with this enabled

   AuthType Basic
   AuthName "Testing LDAP Auth"
   AuthBasicProvider ldap

   AuthLDAPUrl "ldap://192.168.1.171:389/ou=People,dc=coopfed,dc=local";
   AuthLDAPBindDN "cn=tomhart,ou=people,dc=coopfed,dc=local"
   AuthLDAPBindPassword ********

   Require ldap-user

</Directory>

Also, I'm not sure how important this is but I'm using windows 2003 server.