On 10/17/07, Thomas Fazekas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> and I do "svn co http://svnhost/svn/repos/test"; ,
> it seems to me that the apache server doesn't even bother calling the
> ntlm_winbind module for authentication...
> There are no logs or any trace of related messages and all I get is
> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/repos/test'
> svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/repos/test': authorization failed (http://
> svnhost)
> at the client side.
>
> Any ideas ?

NTLM authentication must be supported by the client. The current
version of Neon (the http library used in the command line subversion
client) only supports basic authentication.

Maybe you need to add:
NTLMBasicAuth on
NTLMBasicRealm "SVN authentication"

So clients that don't support NTLM are also supported.
However, I don't know if this will work. I recently setup a apache+svn
server myself, where users are authenticated against an AD server, but
went a different route to achieve this.

Krist

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]