On 10/18/07, joy d <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:03:38 +0200
> > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > If your apache was compiled with DSO support you don't need to
> > recompile it. You can just compile mod_rewrite and load it in your
> > config.
> >

> Hello,
>
> How to do it? can you show me a document reference?
> Actually we also have some Apaches which were built with DSO support,but
> without mod_rewrite enabled.
> If I want to compile and install mod_rewrite separately without re-compiling
> Apache,how to do it?

First check you have what you need:
- apxs. Usually you'll find that in <apacheroot>/bin/apxs
- The compiler used to build your apache. You can find out what apache
has been built with using the following command: ./apxs -q CC
- the apache source. Best have the same version as the one allready installed.

Unpack the source and go to the directory where the module is. In this case
<sourcdir>/modules/mappers
and do:
<apachedir>/bin/apxs  -c  -i mod_rewrite.c
This command compiles your module, and copies it to the module dir.

(replace sourcedir  with the directory you have unpacked your source
in, and apachedir with your apache install dir)

Krist

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]