When I run an apachectl configtest, I get the errors below regarding compiling
apache with -DEAPI.  Apche has an option "--disable-rule=EAPI=no", and I also
tried --enable-rule=EAPI=no.  Oddly, when I run make in the apache_1.3.33
directory, I see the -DEAPI being passed to the compiler.  Yet still I get the
errors below I'm building an apache 1.3.33 that is mod_ssl/mod_perl aware
httpd.  BTW, these errors are generated by the corresponding LoadModule
directive in the httpd.conf file.

-Thanks

[Fri Oct 19 11:15:33 2007] [warn] Loaded DSO libexec/mod_vhost_alias.so uses
plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it
with -DEAPI)
[Fri Oct 19 11:15:33 2007] [warn] Loaded DSO libexec/mod_log_config.so uses
plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it
with -DEAPI)
[Fri Oct 19 11:15:33 2007] [warn] Loaded DSO libexec/mod_actions.so uses plain