From: Christian Folini [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2007 11:20 PM
To: Shaw, Dan
Cc: users@httpd.apache.org; Minato, Rick
Subject: Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Realy Need help - Apache PROXY Question

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 10:05:58AM -0700, Shaw, Dan wrote:
> happens at the transport level. Although at a proxy level the stream
> stays open and waits for transport and ACK from client to backend.
When
> the rewrite is use does it close connection or send ACK.  I would not
> think so but getting an 3rd party would help solidify this question.

Without keepalive, you should see the following traffic:
- Client (browser) opens connection to proxy server
- Proxy Server accepts connection
- Client (browser) sends request
- Proxy Server decides to proxy the request
- Proxy Server opens connection to backend as client
- Backend server accepts connection
- Proxy Server (client) sends request)
- Backend server generates response
- Backend server sends response
- Backend server closes connection
- Proxy server (client) closes connection to backend
- Proxy server sends response to client (browser)
- Proxy server closes connection to client (browser)
- Client (browser) closes connection

I am not network guy, but that's what I am used to seeing.

regs,

Christian