Hello,

I'm sorry if this is slightly off-topic, but I'm having trouble
finding this kind of information.

I have been running Apache on a computer on my home network. I want
to make it public and only accept SSL connections. I know how to do
this, but I have no idea of how much load my computer can take. Is
there some rule of thumb of how many users/connections per MHz/RAM
Apache can handle? I know that things like if I'm using PHP or not
will make a difference, but can someone give me a basic idea of how
much load a computer with a 1GHz Via C3 CPU (preforms like a 500MHz
Pentium) with 512MB of RAM can handle? Keep in mind that everything
will have to be encrypted, since I only use SSL.

Also, I know that you can install Familiar Linux and Apache 1.3 on
iPAQ PDAs. Has anyone got good or bad experiences running Apache on
an iPAQ? Would something like the h5500 (400MHz CPU, 128MB RAM) be
enough to serve 5-10 users static files over SSL?

-Anonymous