authzldapauthoritative sets it such that ldap is the only authentication that can be used. However valid-user is not seen as an ldap authentication (try ldap-user, etc.), so it needs to be able to fall back on "basic authentication" even though it is using the ldap setup to validate.

Basically it's ldap, but apache thinks it's basic. I think that's what happens anyway.

Melanie Pfefer wrote:
I tried AuthZLDAPAuthoritative off and indeed it
worked...now...what is the impact of disabling
AuthZLDAPAuthoritative??

thanks bunches...
--- Eric Covener <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 10/26/07, Stusynski, Dan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>