You could use a wildcard SSL cert and redirect to https://secure.*.tld:/patcha/patchb/file then make your determination based on the hostname.

The extra $100 cert is a lot less expensive than Radware AppXcel for sure.

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007, Matt Bullock wrote:

Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 18:06:12 -0800
From: Matt Bullock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Redirect to HTTPS using Load Balancer/SSL Offload

Eric,

That definitely seems like the reason the redirect keeps looping.  Every
example I have seen has involved {SERVER_PORT} (is or isn't) 443 as a
RewriteCond, but I haven't found a way to let apache know if the current
session between the client and the load balancer is being encrypted or
not.

Brian,

I am using a Barracuda, which is far cheaper, and has far less features
than some of the other vendors like Radware, F5 and Cisco LocalDirector.
I will find out if it there is a way for the barracuda to let apache
know its current offload status so it can differentiate between each
request.

Matt