On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 21:31:00 +0100
Samuel Vogel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just another question:
> Would chaining the filters actually achieve what we want?

Yes.

An expression-parser in mod_filter would be a better solution,
though it would also require more work.

> We want to run mod_layout on all pages with Content-Type text/html
> _except_ those which have Content-Encrytion gzip.

Why the latter exclusion?  You could use mod_deflate to uncompress
gzipped stuff.  Or if it's proxied, you can disallow gzipped stuff
from the backend.

>        I'm not quite sure
> if chaining the filters would do this, so I'm asking before we put
> money into getting a bug fixed, which does not fix our problem.

It's more an enhancement request than a bugfix.  It's worth entering
in bugzilla regardless of what you decide to do.

> > Sounds Great. Problem is, that we are a German free host (kilu.de)
> > and do not display ads on the user pages. This is why we can not
> > support any real development efforts.

Heh.  There are far too many of us on shoestring business models.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/