Hi,

I am running the latest version of XAMMP provided by Apachefriends.org. The software includes Apache 2.2.6 and I am trying to configure a reverse proxy. The modules are loaded but the following lines makes Apache unhappy and complain about my configuration:

ProxyPass /a/ http://localhost:8080/
ProxyPass /b/ http://localhost:8888/

Now when starting the Apache I do get the following error message for a syntax check (which corresponds exactly to those lines):

/opt/lampp/bin/httpd -t -f /opt/lampp/etc/httpd.conf
Syntax error on line 236 of /opt/lampp/etc/httpd.conf:
ProxyPass|ProxyPassMatch can not have a path when defined in a location.

Does anyone know what my mistake here is? I have searched the manual and googled for the problem but I didn't find any answer. Thanks!

Best regards,
Werner