On Dec 17, 2007 12:17 AM, Bryan Richardson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Florian,
>
> Thanks for the response.  I guess my question is why have the
> NameVirtualHost directive since the *same* IP address is required to be
> specified as an attribute in the VirtualHost block?

It makes request processing more efficient for IP-based virtual hosts
if you need to specify explicitly when a host is name-based.

This way, for IP-based virtual hosts (ie, for any IP address that has
not been specified in a NameVirtualHost directive), apache doesn't
need to bother matching against the ServerName inside each
<VirtualHost> block, it can simply use the first block that matches
the IP address/port.

Joshua.