Hi again Axel.  I tried out what you said and I'm still having some
problems.  Below is what I have in my site's config file.  This makes it
possible for me to go to www.mysite.com/otherapp and I will get forwarded to
my Rails app server at port 3001.  Notice I had to leave %{REQUEST_URI} off
the end of the RewriteRule for my otherapp rule.  However, if I then click
on a link within my Rails app, it tries to go to
www.mysite.com/controllerrather than
www.mysite.com/otherapp/controller.  How can I make it such that my Rails
app thinks that www.mysite.com/otherapp is its root rather than
www.mysite.com?  Thanks again for your help! -- BTR

  <Proxy *>
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from All
  </Proxy>

  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteRule ^/$ /index.html [QSA]
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/otherapp
  RewriteRule . http://127.0.0.1:3001 [L,P]
  RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
  RewriteRule . http://127.0.0.1:3000%{REQUEST_URI} [L,P]