Hello,
I have some virtual hosts and would like to run SSL with different certificates on each. Having followed the following how-to, http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Apache_with_Name_Based_Hosting_and_SSL and rebuilding apache with SNI support, I am having some issues in that domain2.com only returns the server.crt and not the one specified in my rule.

Here are the relevant conf files and setup:

.
|-- httpd.conf
|-- magic
|-- modules.d
|   |-- 00_apache_manual.conf
|   |-- 00_default_settings.conf
|   |-- 00_error_documents.conf
|   |-- 00_languages.conf
|   |-- 00_mod_autoindex.conf
|   |-- 00_mod_info.conf
|   |-- 00_mod_log_config.conf
|   |-- 00_mod_mime.conf
|   |-- 00_mod_status.conf
|   |-- 00_mod_userdir.conf
|   |-- 00_mpm.conf
|   |-- 10_mod_mem_cache.conf
|   |-- 12_mod_auth_mysql.conf
|   |-- 27_mod_proxy_html.conf
|   |-- 40_mod_ssl.conf
|   |-- 45_mod_dav.conf
|   |-- 46_mod_ldap.conf
|   |-- 47_mod_dav_svn.conf
|   |-- 70_mod_php5.conf
|   |-- 75_mod_perl.conf
|   |-- 80_mod_auth_pgsql.conf
|   |-- 99_mod_security.conf
|   |-- mod_security
|   `-- postinst-en.txt
|-- ssl
|   |-- domain_one.csr
|   |-- domain_one.key
|   |-- domain_one.crt
|   |-- server.crt
|   |-- server.key
|   |-- domain_two.csr
|   |-- domain_two.key
|   `-- domain_two.crt
`-- vhosts.d
    |-- 00_default_ssl_vhost.conf
    |-- 00_default_vhost.conf
    |-- domain_one.conf
    `-- domain_two.conf

#######
#domain_one.conf

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName domain_one.com
          <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
                RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://domain_one.com:7080/VirtualHostBase/http/domain_one.com:80/sites/site1/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [L,P]
          </IfModule>
  ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/domain_one_error.log
          <IfModule mod_log_config.c>
                CustomLog /var/log/apache2/domain_one_access.log combined
          </IfModule>
  RewriteLog /var/log/apache2/domain_one_rewrite_log
</VirtualHost>

<IfDefine SSL>
  <IfDefine SSL_DEFAULT_VHOST>
      <IfModule ssl_module>
        <VirtualHost *:443>
          SSLEngine on
SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
          SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/domain_one.crt
          SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl/domain_one.key

          ServerName domain_one.com
          SSLOptions StrictRequire
          SSLProtocol all -SSLv2

          <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
                RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://domain_one.com:7080/VirtualHostBase/https/domain_one.com:443/sites/site1/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [L,P]
          </IfModule>
          <IfModule mod_log_config.c>
                TransferLog /var/log/apache2/domain_one_ssl_access_log
          </IfModule>
          <IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
                    downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
          </IfModule>
          <IfModule mod_log_config.c>
                CustomLog /var/log/apache2/domain_one_ssl_request_log \
                    "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"
          </IfModule>
        </VirtualHost>
    </IfModule>
  </IfDefine>
</IfDefine>

#######
#domain_two.conf

is the same as domain_one, with the only difference being the entries for the RewriteRule

RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://domain_two.com:7080/VirtualHostBase/https/domain_two.com:443/sites/site2/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [L,P]

and the
          SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/domain_two.crt
          SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl/domain_two.key

also the logs etc..

Now my issue is that everything seems to work OK for domain_one.com but everytime I try to access domain_two.com I get the certificate for the machine, that is server.ctr and not domain_two.ctr.

This is not the case in domain_one.com, where the correct certificate is displayed.

Even if I put the certificate for domain_one, I get the server.crt certificate showing.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem? And how to test SNI is working?

I have apache 2.2.8

Many thanks

Norman

%>>> "".join( [ {'*':'@','^':'.'}.get(c,None) or chr(97+(ord(c)-83)%26) for c in ",adym,*)&uzq^zqf" ] )