On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Sailesh Krishnamurthy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi, We have a production apache 1.3 instance on solaris, where of late one
> of the httpd processes has been crashing and
> producing core dumps. This looks to be a known issue with large SSL file
> downloads happening over apache 1.3.
>  However what I" want to know is how can I debug this production issue
> further. How can I find the application/cgi
> causing the crash or how can it be remediated (without having to upgrade
> apache). The stack traces are as below.
>  Your inputs are appreciated. thanks

If you want to know what request is responsible, you could recompile
with debugging symbols, and then move up the stack-trace of a core
dump until you find a function that has the request_rec structure
(usually "r") and dump the info out of there (r->uri for example).

If you want to fix it, you'll probably need to contact whoever created
your SSL module. Apache from apache.org doesn't have ssl until 2.0, so
it must be some third-party. Judging from the function names, the
likely source seems to be
http://www.modssl.org/

Joshua.