From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joshua
Slive
Sent: 28 February 2008 15:00
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Roadmap for Apache webserver versions

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 9:17 AM, Foster, Stephen (ASPIRE)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can anyone point me in the direction of a roadmap for the Apache HTTP
server
> product. I am interested in the support lifecycle for the 2.2 product
and
> also for the 2.0 product.

There is no formal support cycle for these products.

Products get maintained as long as there are developers interested in
doing the job. If you look at recent releases, you'll notice that even
1.3 still gets security releases although its been many years since
any significant development work was done on this branch. Obviously
2.0 also gets security releases and the occasional very-important bug
fix.

If you need something formal for your boss, you could try contacting
one of the companies that provides commercial support for apache to
see if they are interested.

Joshua.

Capgemini is a trading name used by the Capgemini Group of companies which
includes Capgemini UK plc, a company registered in England and Wales (number
943935) whose registered office is at No. 1 Forge End, Woking, Surrey, GU21 6DB.
the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized
to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or
any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.