That is what a pre load does on a web page. My suggestion is since the
dynamics fo a mobile page are built into the funtions of the regular web
page you should have the designer set a preload for the images at the
begining of the page. Which means the images are there just waiting for
somebody to click the link on the page. This is however outside of the
server function. The page that you use automatically does this instead of
the server. Which inturn makes the server faster. The less functions the
server has to preform to do its job makes it faster. So we rely on the page
programming to do the work. Or maybe I'm just not understanding the
problem. The webpage generats the image the server just supplies the
storage and location of the file.

             "Krist van
             Besien"
             <krist.vanbesien@                                          To
             gmail.com>                users@httpd.apache.org
                                                                        cc
             03/20/2008 08:05
                                       Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Prefetch

             Please respond to
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   e.org

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 3:37 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> you could pre load the images as part of the web pages directory. All
>  though if there are a lot of images it could drag your speed down..

I don't understand. What do you mean by that?

Our problem is that everything is generated dynamically on the
backend, including images. One way to speed up things for us would be
for the backend to allready start generating the images before the
request for those images comes back from the mobile phone. We know the
request for these images will eventually come since we just sent out a
page containing links to these images.
Since I can't change how the backend functions I am thinking of
somehow prefetching the images. So basically I need something that
looks at the response to a request, identifies links to images in it,
and fetches these images, keeping them in cache so it can immediately
serve them when the request for them comes.
Right now I just want to know if there is some way I could do this
with apache, or if I need something else. If I need something else any
hits about a product that might do that would be welcome.

Krist

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]