Hi all,
im new to this newsgroup and I hope to be not inopportune.
I've a problem I can't figure out... I looked 2 days but nothing so I
decided to write to this newsgroup.

There are 3 system:
a standalone application whose goal is to download content (client)
resin as application server (as)
apache as web server (ws)

The apache virtual host conf file act redirecting some kind of url to resin
<Location "/mylocation">
   redoirect to resin
</Location>

Resin is the authenticator, after that it writes to the output stream the
byte stream:
response.getOutputStream().println(something read from file system)

So I think the road the the request is:
- client execute a get to ws using
http://myhost/mylocation/myservlet?someparams
- apache redirect to resin
- resin build the content so apache can serve it to the client

the problem is that apache set the header content-encoding to be chunked
before send the response.
this is a problem because the client is not http\1.1 compliant and doesn't
work if there are no content-length header.

infact using browser all works fine even though in the download window there
are no information about content length.

So I ask you if you know some workaround to unable the header
content-encoding so the client can see content-length.

I appreciate every suggestion
Luca