graham.hays wrote:
When any of my sites is accessed by  a 'hard line' connection (ie ADSL) they
work fine. However where I live in rural Spain my connection is by
bi-directional Satelliet link (100Mbps max) .. whenever a site is accessed
over the sat-link I get a lot of incomplete graphics files (only top half of
image or so), frequent failure of CSS files to load and no Flash files at
all! Yet the same file accessed by ADSL is fine.

Followed Apache.org advice and have included "EnableSendFile Off" and
"EnableMMAP Off" in the config file ("Win32DisableAcceptEx" rejected by
restart so not in) .. rebooted and no difference.

Any suggestions/pointers etc

Graham

If the problem is network latency, you could try setting SendBufferSize to a large value, like 32768, 65536, or even 131072.

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_common.html#sendbuffersize

This will increase the memory required for every request, so you won't want to make it any larger than is necessary.

-tom-