Thanks Tom -- tried all values up to 131072 with no effect :(

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Donovan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 20 May 2008 15:56
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] incomplete graphics downloads

graham.hays wrote:
> When any of my sites is accessed by  a 'hard line' connection (ie ADSL)
they
> work fine. However where I live in rural Spain my connection is by
> bi-directional Satelliet link (100Mbps max) .. whenever a site is accessed
> over the sat-link I get a lot of incomplete graphics files (only top half
of
> image or so), frequent failure of CSS files to load and no Flash files at
> all! Yet the same file accessed by ADSL is fine.
>
> Followed Apache.org advice and have included "EnableSendFile Off" and
> "EnableMMAP Off" in the config file ("Win32DisableAcceptEx" rejected by
> restart so not in) .. rebooted and no difference.
>
> Any suggestions/pointers etc
>
> Graham

If the problem is network latency, you could try setting SendBufferSize to a
large value, like
32768, 65536, or even 131072.

   http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_common.html#sendbuffersize

This will increase the memory required for every request, so you won't want
to make it any larger
than is necessary.

-tom-