graham.hays wrote:
Intriguing – when I right-click (actually left as I reverse buttons!) and select ‘view image’ the image appears perfectly, selecting back then shows the original page and ALL the images refresh to perfectly!

I’ll check with my sat provider although strangely enough my current client is also on satellite and hits this problem with my server more than I do! [not sure if she has same provider as me] Also over the sat link it’s only sites on **my** server that appear with the partial files which is why I suspect the Apache configuration.

Something that hasn't been mentioned, terms of service sometimes deny
you the right to run servers on some connections; it's possible that
the provider has deliberated throttled your ability to run a server.
You might even try running on a nonstandard port such as 8080 and see
if that makes any difference.