Hi.

Platform : SunOS 5.8 (Solaris 8)
Apache : Apache/2.0.52

I am testing an html form, which POST's to a cgi-bin script.
I would like to see what the form (aka browser) is posting, before the cgi-bin script gets it.

I have configured Apache with VirtualHost's, and with the following
run-time directives in the corresponding virtual host section :
ScriptLog /var/something/log/scripts.log
ScriptLogBuffer 32765
(the real POST is very small)

The ScriptLog directory is writeable by the userid/group under which Apache is running, but the log is not created. If I create an empty logfile in advance with proper user and permission, the logfile stays desperately empty.
There are no errors visible when restarting Apache, nor in the error log.

Anyone has an idea why this log does not show up ?

I seem to remember doing this previously (on other systems), and getting the script logfile without problem, but here it doesn't seem to work.
Am I forgetting something ?

The cgi-bin script itself does not crash, it exits normally after processing. Is that the problem ? or should the logfile be created anyway ?

Alternatively, is there another method available with Apache 2, to dump the contents of a POST at the earliest possible stage ? It needs to be early, because I would like to see how the various form input fields are sent, in particular their charset settings.

Thanks in advance,
André