Krist, thanks for the answer.

Krist van Besien wrote:
On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:54, André Warnier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Anyone has an idea why this log does not show up ?

Scriptlog only logs errors. If your script doesn't cause any errors
nothing is logged.

That's what I wasn't sure of.
Might be worth an addition in the corresponding Apache documentation, if anyone knows where to suggest that.

Alternatively, is there another method available with Apache 2, to dump the
contents of a POST at the earliest possible stage ?
It needs to be  early, because I would like to see how the various form
input fields are sent, in particular their charset settings.

A good way to debug such things is Firebug. you can see the content of
the "POST" there.

Unfortunately, in my case probably not. From the name, I guess this is an add-on for Firefox. But my POSTs, in this case, are made directly from a Java applet running inside the html page. The browser thus doesn't see them.
I would need something at the Apache level.

It seems that I could write a filter, but if one exists already, I'd rather use it.

André