Hi,

I am looking to compile httpd for a specific target directory structure that
I do not have acccess to.
So I cannot use --prefix=/target/dir
If I set --prefix=/build/dir then all the configuration files in conf have
the wrong directory instead of the proper /target/dir.

Are there some additional configure or make install options ?

For example, with opensssl there is a concept of building openssl in one
directory and target another installation directory, e.g.

./config shared --prefix=/soft/openssl/0.9.8h
   . . .
make INSTALL_PREFIX=/var/tmp/build install

this will install openssl into /var/tmp/build but all the
dependencies/links/configuration are made for a deployment in
/soft/openssl/0.9.8h

In advance, many thanks for any tips,hints
Rgds - Fred