Thanks a lot for helping.

I'm developing a Java web-app and as a part of this web-app I need to
let users to upload and share their files with some or all other
users.

Since these files are static contents I'm going to use Apache to serve
them, but I still need to do AA before letting user to access files.

I'm planing to use CAS to integrate Apache authentication with ACEGI
(that I have used in my web-app).

For authorization, I think of delegating authorization to my Java
web-app via implementing an url that will return the result of
authorization and will be used by (probably) mod_perl to decide to
authorize or not:

.../bla/bla/bla/isAuthorized?userId=alis&file=doc.pdf
will return a page containing true or false.

Any idea?

Regards,
Ali