On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 23:39, Jorge Medina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   Is it possible to configure Apache as a reverse proxy that will pass
> a request to any of the servers in a cluster using HTTPS?
>
>   Basically I want to know if it possible to configure Apache as a
> reverse proxy (load balancer) that won't do any decryption, just a
> pass-trough of the request to any of the server in a cluster.

You can't really use apache for this. The ssl encryption is done at
the transport layer, so if the loadbalancer is not supposed to decrypt
anything this loadbalancer won't know anything but origin and
destination port and ip. For reverse proxying apache needs to know the
URL requested.
for your needs I'd look in to a real load balancer, either hardware or
software. There are a few good open source products available.

Krist

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]