Nick Kew wrote:
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 10:22:43 -0500
Steve Whitson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The version of mysql apache is building against is 5.0.37.  The
server I'm connecting (which should not be the issue) is 4.0.11a (I
hope to upgrade this year).

It probably is.  The MySQL driver was originally written for MySQL 4.1,
and uses SQL and API functions not available in 4.0.

In other words, you have an unsupported version.

When I get time (likely next week) I'll try using a db-copy in a mysql 5.x server (several to choose from). Maybe upgrading that mysql server will become higher priority! :)

Thanks much,
   -Steve