Joseph S D Yao wrote:

I have just joined this mailing list, but a Google indicates that this
topic has not come up before.  If I am wrong, I apologize, and ask for a
pointer.

Good way to attract attention of lurkers :)

I understand that the argument to the Proxy directive is supposed to be
a shell-style wildcard (rather than a simple prefix match), as the
argument to the ProxyMatch directive is supposed to be a Perl-style
regular expression.

Ok.  So a shell style wildcard never hits on a path delimiter, right?

    <Proxy http://*.tuxedo.org*>

Perhaps you meant http://*.tuxedo.org/*

But the trailing * is redundant.  drop it all together.