    StartServers         20
    MinSpareServers      25
    MaxSpareServers      50
    MaxClients          500
    MaxRequestsPerChild   0
</IfModule>

Thanks,
Gaurav

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 1:30 PM, Agnello George <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    On 8/29/08, *Gaurav Pruthi* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

        Dear Friends,

        I am facing very strange problem. I have a LAMP server. It has
        around 400 of websites hosted on it. Since last one month the
        server load increases suddenly. When checked using top command,
        i saw apache process consuming 99% of CPU. After i kill httpd
        and starts it again (or using HUP), load comes down to the
        normal. It happens 8-10 times each day. I am unable to find what
        could cause the apache to consume all the resources of server
        and causing server to hang.

        Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Could you tell us the Server-Pool Size Regulation mentioned in the httpd.conf -- Regards
    Agnello D'souza
    www.linux-vashi.blogspot.com <http://www.linux-vashi.blogspot.com>
    www.bible-study-india.blogspot.com
    <http://www.bible-study-india.blogspot.com>

--
Gaurav Pruthi

MaxClients 500 could be useless (I may be wrong but from what I know is a hard coded limit in apache source code HARD_SERVER_LIMIT who is set to 250 so if you want to raise that limit you must recompile your apache)

MaxRequestsPerChild 0 it say that once a child is created he can stay up and running for infinite time. It could be better to limit this , let say to 10000 in order to force apache to kill a stressed child and start a fresh one.

MinSpareServers 25 in my opinion is a little bit high. Practically you force apache to keep free 25 servers any time. Try to set this parameter to something like 10 or 15

Ther is a lot of literature about those parameters and how is the best way to set them bun ther is not a clear solutions so the best practice is to start playing with them and look for what happen.