Gaurav Pruthi wrote:
I have also noticed kswapd daemon causing the load on server. What i believe is that there is some website whose pages uses lot of memory. Linux uses kswapd for virtual memory management such that pages that have been recently accessed are kept in memory and less active pages are paged out to disk. So,the kswapd process regularly decreases the ages of unreferenced pages...and at the end they are paged out(moved out) to disk.

I am using Apache 2.6. My question is that is it possible to find out which website or script causing this? I used apachetop and find a website having lot of hits & consuming lot of bandwidth. After suspending it, still the issue is there. Top command is showing only httpd processes.

I have tried everything mentioned (mod_evasive,mod_cband,etc) but still clueless. Is it possible in apache2 to run each website under different userid? If yes then how it can be achieved? This will probably ease out to find the culprit.

Thanks,
Gaurav Pruthi