Lester Caine wrote:
I've just had a problem on a site that I need to get fixed properly.

I should probably have taken a bit more care when I set thing up, but at that time I missed one thing, and that was that the log files default to ServerRoot.

I don't want to move the configuration files from /etc/ but I need to move all the logging over to /usr2/ so that it does not fill the base 8Gb partition - and crash the server :(

Is there a 'global' setting which will move the base log directory or do I have to handle each logging directive manually? This is on a Mandiva 2008.0 setup which uses /etc/httpd/ but on the SUSE setup I seem already to have the logging split, and can't see why it's different.

In the httpd.conf (or apache.conf) and/or similar VirtualHost conf files, there are 2 lines : ErrorLog and CustomLog, which indicate the logfiles for errors, and for accesses respectively. If the paths to these files start with a "/", then the path is absolute. If it starts without a "/", then it is relative to the server root. From what you say above, I guess they start with "logs/....", which make them relative. So just change that to "/usr2/httpd/logs/.." or whatever you need, and restart apache.