Melanie Pfefer wrote:
> hi,
>
> I have 3 instances of apache each running on a separate port.
> I have created a 4th instance on port 80 and 3 aliases so that when users
> want to access let’s say:
>
> http://alias1 it goes to http://server:port1
> http://alias2 it goes to http://server:port2
> http://alias3 it goes to http://server:port3
>
> http://server and http://alias1 and http://alias2 and http://alias3 refer to
> the 4th instance (port 80). I want to add rewrite rules so that it redirects
> to the corresponding apache instance.
>
> I tried to edit httpd.conf of the 4th instance:
>
> RewriteEngine On
> ProxyPass /alias1/ http://alias1:5001/
> ProxyPassReverse /alias1/ http://alias1:5001/
>

> But http://alias1 still refers to http://alias1 whereas it should go to
> http://alias1:5001.

That's not the way ProxyPass works, what you need is VHosts. And BTW,
why did you created 3 instances instead of one instance with 3 VHosts
since the beginning?

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName alias1
        ProxyPass / http://localhost:port1
        ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:port1
</VirtualHost>

repeat for all the 'aliases'

Davide

--
I used to be interested in Windows NT, but the more I see of it the more
it looks like traditional Windows with a stabler kernel. I don't find