-----Original Message-----
From: André Warnier [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Or maybe this :
would it be acceptable for your users to use a different hostname depending on
wether they are inside or outside ?
If yes, then it would be a bit easier : you could set up two Virtual Hosts (one
for inside and one for outside) and have a different authentication method on
each (sspi inside, another outside).
That would at least avoid the issue of having two authentication methods
working together.
Your Virtual Hosts could share the same document space (DocumentRoot directory).

----

Andre, the last option you mentioned above sounds doable but I have some
questions. Do both point to the same domain name like intranet.org? Or do I
have to have another domain name for outside? I guess I'm not sure how to have
the intranet virtual host show up when in the network vs. the virtual host
showing up when outside the network? How does the browser/server know which one
to call up?

I've printed out your explaination as well, it's really helpful thank so much.