Nick Kew wrote:
On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 18:17:11 -0700
Gordon Mohr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 It looked like 'early' might have
some chance of removing the original Expires without disturbing the mod_expires addition.

Not a chance.  It happens long before the proxy has been
contacted, let alone sent you an Expires header.

You need Header edit.  And an upgrade to 2.2.x.

Hmm. I'm beginning to wonder if the situations where any of the 'Header' directives can change an existing header are very limited.

I've moved to the inner server (not the inbound proxy, but the machine being proxied-to), which is truly running 2.2.4. A Perl CGI that I'd prefer not to disturb is generating the unwanted 'Expires' header.

None of the following in the Apache configuration (each tried independently) work to remove or change the header on the outbound response:

Header unset Expires

header set Expires foo

Header edit Expires ^.*$ foo

However, setting other headers works (so it's not a simple matter of the directives being placed in the wrong place).

Are there cases in which a CGI's returned headers are unchangeable by mod_headers?

- Gordon @ IA