Justin Pasher wrote:
Ahhh... Now it should actually be possible. If possible, I would (personally) try to push all traffic to www.csulb.edu whenever they try to pull csulb.edu. Whether or not this is possible in your situation, I do not know. Something like this in the VirtualHost config would do it.

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.csulb\.edu$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://www.csulb.edu/$1 [R=permanent]

This would make sure that requests for any pages are always going through www.csulb.edu (as opposed to csulb.edu or any other ServerAlias setting).

Would this affect sites like cota.csulb.edu?

We do make sure that www.cota.csulb.edu and cota.csulb.edu are both valid.

FWIW, I tried visiting the test pages you mentioned above, and both of them actually pushed me to https. Have you cleared your cache to make sure the browser isn't trying to do something weird by caching the previous response it received?
that's odd.. .I did refresh my browser and like you said, it started working. I did still use your version as it has some definite advantages.

Thanks for your help!!
Mike