Hi Leslie,
Have you read the documentation on these settings?, it is fairly
helpfull in getting a basic idea of what to tune.

Other than that it really depends on what your apache server is serving.
Is it static pages, does it connect to tomcat, what type of connectors
does it use, php, cgi etc.

As a starting point I would recommend graphing your server-status page.
You can find a working script on
http://www.apachesecurity.net/tools/index.html

If you are using cacti then you will find similar graphs as above if you
google a bit. I dont have the url anymore unfortunately.

I also use the following:
cat *.com/access_log access_log *.il/access_log | grep '17\/Oct' | awk
'{print $4}' |cut -c 14-21 | sort | uniq -c > traffic_analysis

to create data that I analyze in excel or your favourite graphing tool.

Basically you first need to know what and how many is passing through
your site before you start tuning.

Regards